Thursday 9 August 2012

here. now.

         Wow.

I've been home for a while now, haven't I? DTS feels like a distant memory... sad. I do miss it.

   So, I've decided that this isn't the best place to write loads about our trip to Shanghai, so if you want to know more about what happened, please inbox me and I will happily tell you all about it :-)

Life has been crazy.

   All of last week I joined in the King's Lodge olympic outreach to Coventry, where we helped to run  a holiday club (VBS) for about 85 kids. I got to help with the four and five year olds, which was soo fun. It was so great to have the opportunity to help the local church reaching out to it's own community, and to be able to pray over these wonderful little ones all week, and teach them simple truths about Jesus and life :-)

At the end of the week, my big sister Anna came back from Newcastle, and then on Monday, my other big sister, (the only missing Joyce at that point) Kaeli, flew in from Spokane! Yaaaay!

     On Saturday (before Kaeli came) we got to "attend" the wedding of my very first cousin! We actually only got to watch a live stream of it, but it was more than we had expected, so it was great. 

Ahhhh! I can't believe Hillary is married! Congratulations!

The Family (minus Alex) watching Hil's wedding
   
 It was harder than I expected to see my whole family there, and to realise how much I have missed over the past six years. All of my little cousins are no longer little. Oh dear. There were tears.

We have been house-sitting for some friends of friends in the next town over from the Lodge, so it's been nice to spend some time away from home and spends lots of time with the family (and Phil of course (=  )

Today we got the crazy and unexpected opportunity to go see the Olympic Bronze medal game of Women's Football (soccer), between France and Canada. It was so fun, none of us ever thought we would get the chance to attend any of the events.

    These next two weeks are holiday time with the whole family here :-) So nice. It has been 2 years since we've all been together! Not okay.
    What comes next after these weeks are over?





Only God knows.



No comments: